Are you looking to buy the best small wood burning stove for your home? If yes, then probably you are at the right place. Here we will recommend you the top 5 small wood burning stove that you can consider.
Let’s start with the questions that everyone have in their mind like:
- Is wood better than propane?
- Is wood heat a feasible heat source for small spaces?
- Are wood stoves legal for Tiny Spaces in the USA?
- Is a wood stove safe for tiny (portable) spaces?
- What Stoves are available on the market and which are the best?
- Is there an affordable Small Stove option for my Tiny Space?
- How do I safely install a small wood stove in my Tiny Space?
Wood burning stoves are starting to become popular. This is for a good reason. With fuel prices on the rise a simple heating and even cooking solution that doesn’t require much upkeep is perfect.
It seemed that in recent years that the wood burning stove was becoming rather obsolete, that is until gas prices skyrocketed. Now, many will do anything to cut their fuel costs and this includes utilizing wood burning stoves.
We looked at each of these considerations before deciding on a heat source for our Airstream. After months of shopping, researching and asking questions we have ordered a stove and preparing for installation!
Read on to see our thoughts on each of these considerations, what we have learned and what stove we recommend:
Wood-burning stoves aren’t just for rustic cabins in the woods anymore, the timeless and energy-efficient heating system has worked it’s way into the modern home. There have been many advances in the technology of the wood-burning stove and not only do these modern designs burn much cleaner and more efficiently than older conventional stoves, but the view of the fire is just spectacular. Take a look at these ten modern homes featuring cozy wood-burning stoves.
My Top Picks:
Pleasant Hearth 1,200 Square Feet Wood Burning Stove, Small
- Heats up to 1,200 square feet, burns up to 6 to 8 hours in one fueling; stove with pedestal base and blower with heating capacity up to 50,000 btu with seasonal cord wood
- Fits 6-inch stove pipe, a push/pull draft control level under ash lip, and a variable speed blower included
- Epa certified, omni tested, a non-catalytic wood burning stove, made in the usa
- Approved for mobile home use with an air intake kit sold separately
- Assembled dimensions (h by l by w): 31-1/2-inch by 22-1/2-inch by 22-1/2-inch, weight 277-pound and log capacity up to 18-inch
BioLite Wood Burning Campstove
- Price: $129.95 & FREE Shipping
- In Stock.
- Sold by BioLite and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
- Powers most USB-chargeable devices including smartphones
- For 20 min. of charging with a strong fire gives you about 60 min. of talk time on most smartphones.
- During a full burn, the CampStove can boil 1 liter of water in as little as 4 min. 30 sec.
- CampStove weighs about 2 lbs. and is about the same size as a 1-liter Nalgene water bottle
- An internal starter battery helps kick-start the fire before the stove begins generating its own power
TMS STOVE-2346 Portable Military Camping Tent Steel Wood Stove
- Price: $86.88
- Sale: $69.50 & FREE Shipping
- You Save: $17.38 (20%)
- In Stock.
- Stove can be used in an outfitters tent with a stove pipe vent; Four (17" long × 2 1/2" diameter) interlocking flue pipe sections
- Spark arrestor for added safety; Removable dual side cooking tubes can be used for baking potatoes, foil meals, etc.
- The stove has front and rear air flow regulators and an easy access bottom ash clean-out
- Top grate is hinged and doubles as a carrying handle when stove is not in use
- Grate folds to provide flat heating surface on top of stove and can be folded out for drying gloves, socks, small items
Solo Stove Wood Burning Backpacking Stove – Ultra Light Weight Compact Design Perfect for Survival, Camping, Hunting & Emergency Preparation.
- List Price: $79.99
- Sale: $69.99 & FREE Shipping
- You Save: $10.00 (13%)
- In Stock.
- Sold by Solo Stove and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
- The #1 wood-burning backpacking stove recommended by Backpacker Magazine and serious survivalists including Discovery Channel’s Matt Graham.
- Patented design features a unique double wall that creates ultra-clean gasification and a secondary combustion. This allows fuel to burn more completely and with less smoke.
- Uses twigs, leaves, pinecones and wood as fuel. Eliminates the need to carry heavy, polluting and expensive canister fuels.
- Compact design nests inside the companion Solo Stove Pot 900 leaving you with more room in your backpack.
- Boils water in 8-10 mins (34 fl oz water). 4.25″ Diameter, 3.8″/5.7″ tall (packed/assembled). Weighs only 9 oz. Made of premium stainless steel and nichrome wire. Nylon stuff sack included.
Vogelzang SR57E The Rancher Cast Iron Stove
- Price: $387.21 & FREE Shipping. Details
- Only 1 left in stock (more on the way).
- Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
- The Rancher cast iron cooking range that will burn either wood or bituminous coal
- Four 8″ lift-out cook lids provide easy top loading
- Cast iron shaker grate and large ash pan allow for easy ash removal
- Uses standard round 6-Inch stove pipe
- This item is not for sale in WA, OR, and CA due to state restriction
WHY BUY A WOOD BURNING STOVE
Let me start my discussion with why everyone needs to buy a wood burning stove. As we all know that oil price are very high and no one can afford the expenses a lot. So small burning wood stove are special meant for the homeowners who want to spend their least money in all these expenses. Nowadays, if you are looking for the latest wood burning stove they came up with the new style like more energy efficient, cleaner and more environment friendly than the older ones. Older designs of wood burners had very low efficiency levels, and they contributed to air pollution. Something needed to be done.
As you will notice, these latest small wood burning stoves have a unique design and higher efficiency level as compared with the old ones. So if you buy one of these newer models for your home, you’ll get far more heat from the wood you’re burning. You’ll save on energy cost, and you can help save our planet.
TYPES OF WOOD BURNING STOVES
There are different types of wood burning stoves available in the market. You can buy them according to the choice and needs. People are using wood burning stoves for cooking. For cooking purpose these stoves are of smaller size whereas in bakeries you will find the larger ones.
Wood burning stoves vary in size, shape, and uses. But the one you’re interested in is a stove that can heat up a huge room. These are called domestic wood stoves, and they are classified into three main types.
- CIRCULATING STOVES
- RADIANT HEATERS
- COMBUSTION STOVES
FACTORS TO CONSIDER IN BUYING WOOD BURNING STOVES
Before you browse through hundreds of wood stove selections online, here are some factors that you need to consider before investing in this heating appliance.
- HEATING PERFORMANCE
- EPA CERTIFICATION
- COMBUSTION TECHNOLOGY
- ORIENTATION OF FIREBOX
- OTHER FEATURES
Manufacturers may add value to the stove of your choice by introducing other features. Some features that can help in the performance of the stove include:
– air wash system
– primary bottom air feed
– ash pan
If you love watching the fire, an air wash system ensures that your stove’s glass door is kept clean at all times. It gives you an unobstructed and clear view of the bluish and reddish orange flame inside the firebox.
A blower helps increase the temperature of your wood burning stove, and a primary bottom air feed is extremely helpful in keeping the fire from dying out especially if there’s only a few log woods left. An ash pan, on the other hand, makes cleaning easier by providing an ash container that you can conveniently pull out and then put back in.
Other features that you might want to consider include decorative elements that though they won’t have an impact on the stove’s performance, will definitely give you maximum enjoyment and satisfaction.